1977 Triva Challence Questions;
1. Which music icon dies in Memphis, Tennessee?
2. Who wrote and directed the hit film "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"?
3. This best selling soundtrack to the movie "Saturday Night Fever" features songs by whay band?
4. Who is the child of Bebe Buell and Steven Tyler bornthis year?
5. Who is Vice President of the United States?
6. What pact is signed by 15 countries, including the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.?
7. What organization is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?
8. The last "Wild" case of what disease is discovered in Somalia, marking it's total eadication by vaccination?
9. What technology is used for the first time to initiate a fusion reaction?
10. Which religion ordains its first woman priest?
11. What aircraft sets the current world altitude record of 123,524 feet for an air-breathing aircraft?
12. What is the nickname of the Dallas Cowboys' defense in the 1977 season which propels them to victory in Superbowl XII?
13. What is the name of the volcano that erupts in eastern Zaire?
14. What task is completed by the Soviet spacecraft, Soyuz 24, which is piloted by cosmonauts Viktor Gorbatko and Yuri Glazkov?
15. Which English born comedian, well know for his "Tramp" character, passes away on Christmas Day?
16. Treaties between Panama and the U.S. regarding the Panama Canal are signed. When does the U.S. agree to transfer control of the canal to Panama?
17. Woody Allen directs and stars with Diane Keaton in this Academy Award winning film.
18. What movie starring Mark Hamill is released this year?
19. What makes its first test flight off the back of a 747 jetliner?
20. Richard Dreyfuss wins the Best Actor ACademy Award for his rodl in this 1977 film.
21. What Seattle, Washington professional sports team makes it debut this year?
22. Who wrote the book "Roots" upon which this year's phenomenally succesfsful mini-series is based?
23. What show featuring the characters Mary, Lou, Ted and Murray ends its 7 year run on CBS?
24. In which U.S. city does snow fall for the first and only time in its history?
25. Who's third novel "The Shining" is published this year?
26. Who records the 1977 hit Margaritaville?
27. Who earns the nickname "Mr. October" in the 1977 World Series?
28. What show premiers on ABC starring Ricardo Montalban?
29. A tragedy causes what band to cancel their tour making Oakland, California their last U.S. concert ever?
30. What technology is used for the first time to carry live telephone traffic?
31. What legendary New York disco opens?
32. What rock band loses three of it's members in a plane crash in Mississippi?
33. What 1977 movie makes its star, John Travolta, a household name?
34. What new American League team plays their first game of baseball against the Chicago White Sox?
35. Which of the 3 best-known Marx Brothers dies this year?
36. Who wins the World Series?
37. Who joins the cast of Saturday Night Live as a replacement for Chevy Chase?
38. Jack, Chrissy and Janet are characters from which T.V. show?
39. What notorious criminal escapes from Brushy Mountain Prison in Tennessee?
40. What legendary American actor and singer dies on October 14?
41. Who skippers the yacht courageous to win the America's Cup?
42. Who records the Grammy winning album Rumours?
43. Who is the actress that inspires the biggest hair fad of 1977?
44. The F-117A Nighthawk prototype makes its first flight. What type of new technology does it employ?
45. What happens July 13-14th in New York City that results in looting, arson and other disorder?
46. Who pardons all remaining Vietnam War draft evaders his first day in office?
47. Who is celebrating their Silver Jubilee?
48. What event takes place that involves the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System?
49. Which Apple computer is introduced this year?
50. Who's the first driver to win the Indianapolis 500 four times?
51. Who wins the 1977 NHR Top Fuel Championship?
52. Which "Pirates of the Carribean" star was born on January 13th?
1977 Triva Challence Answers;
1. Elvis Presley
2. Steven Spielberg
3. The Bees Gees
4. Liv Tyler
5. Walter F. Mondale
6. The Nuclear Non-Profliferation Pact
7. Amnesty International
11. A Soviet Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25
12. The Doomsday Defense
14. Docking with the Salyut 5 Space Station
15. Charlie Chaplin
16. At the End of the 20th Century
17. Annie Hall
18. Star Wars
19. The NASA Space Shuttle, Enterprise
20. The Goodbye Girl
21. Seattle Mariners (American League Baseball)
22. Alex Haley
23. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
24. Miami, Florida
25. Stephen King
26. Jimmy Buffett
27. Reggie Jackson
28. Fantasy Island
29. Led Zeppelin
30. Optical Fiber
31. Studio 54
32. Lynyrd Skynyrd
33. Saturday Night Fever
34. The Toronto Blue Jays
35. Groucho Marx (Julius Henry Marx)
36. New York Yankees
37. Bill Murray
38. Three's Company
39. James Earl Ray
40. Bing Crosby
41. Media Mogul Ted Turner
42. Fleetwood Mac
43. Farrah Fawcett
44. Stealth (less visible to radar)
45. The New York City Blackout of 1977
46. President Jimmy Carter
47. Queen Elizabeth II
48. Oil flows through it for the first time
49. The Apple II
50. A.J. Foyt
51. Shirley Muldowney
52. Orlando Bloom